On October 12, 2017, AJS hosted a “Meet and Greet” with a panel of judges from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit at the offices of Carlsmith Ball LLP. The honored guests were Judge Mary M. Schroder, Judge Dorothy W. Nelson, Judge M. Margaret McKewon and their law clerks. The Ninth Circuit had been holding court sessions in Honolulu from October 10-13. Notably, this was the first time in Hawaii that the Ninth Circuit panel has been comprised of three women judges. Special thanks to Board Chairman Lawrence Okinaga and staff attorney Ian Wesley-Smith for organizing this very special event.
- Bob Kaufman Awarded The Legal Momentum Lifetime Champion Award
- AJS Thanks Judge Clifton and the Committee on Federal-State Jurisdiction for their Generous Support
- SAVE THE DATE – 27th Annual Sidebar Program – July 15, 2019
- AJS Sends Our Sympathy and Prayers to Judge J. Michael Seabright Family
- Brennan Center Releases New Report – “Choosing State Judges: A Plan for Reform