On October 12, 2017, AJS hosted a “Meet and Greet” with a panel of judges from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit at the offices of Carlsmith Ball LLP. The honored guests were Judge Mary M. Schroder, Judge Dorothy W. Nelson, Judge M. Margaret McKewon and their law clerks. The Ninth Circuit had been holding court sessions in Honolulu from October 10-13. Notably, this was the first time in Hawaii that the Ninth Circuit panel has been comprised of three women judges. Special thanks to Board Chairman Lawrence Okinaga and staff attorney Ian Wesley-Smith for organizing this very special event.
- 26th Annual Sidebar Program
- Winter 2017 Edition of Judicature Features Articles by Judge Michael Baylson, Judge Mark Bennet and Dean Erwin Chemerinsky
- Conference of Chief Justices Adopts Resolution in Support of AJS
- ABA and Brennan Center Release New Manual on Judicial Diversity
- Judicature Publishes Timely Article Entitled “The State of the Judiciary”